JESUS FORGIVES SINNERS
Matthew 6:14-15 (NIV) For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
Luke 23:32-34 (NIV) Two other men, both criminals, were also led out with [Jesus] to be executed. When they came to the place called the Skull, they crucified him there, along with the criminals—one on his right, the other on his left. Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”
HOW DO YOU FORGIVE LIKE JESUS?
1) Pray for those who hurt you.
Luke 6:28 (NLT) Bless those who curse you. Pray for those who hurt you.
Matthew 5:43-44 (NIV) You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.
2) Forgive as you’ve been forgiven.
Colossians 3:1 (NIV) . . . Forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
Talk It Over
- Have you ever held a grudge against someone? How did unforgiveness affect you?
- Have you ever received unexpected forgiveness? What was that like?
- Is there anyone you still need to forgive? How will you take action instead of waiting for feelings to change?