HERE I AM, SEND ME
Isaiah 6:8 (ERV) Who can I send? Who will go for us?
- When God called Jonah he said, “Here I am, I’m not going.”
- When God called Moses he said, “Here I am, send Aaron.”
- When God called Paul he said, “Here I am, who are you?”
- When God called Isaiah he said, “Here I am, send me.”
God is looking for people like Isaiah.
Matthew 5:13-14 (NIV) You are the salt of the earth . . . . You are the light of the world.
God is looking for salt of the earth type people. People willing to live differently. People willing to be a light to others. There are people hurting, lost, broken, and bound. God has send the church on a rescue mission to reach those people. We will either be a spectator or we will be a participant.
- Spectator: Watches, criticizes, and seeks personal pleasure.
- Participant: Works, improves, and seeks personal growth.
- “I am not going.” Jonah wasn’t faithful.
- “Send someone esle.” Moses wasn’t accessible.
- “Who are you?” Paul wasn’t teachable.
- “Here I am, send me.” Isaiah was faithful, made himself accessable, and remained teachable.
Who is God looking for? Those who will be faithful, who will make themself available, and who will remain teachable.
1 Timothy 3:2 (NLV) A church leader must be a good man . . . . He must have only one wife [faithful – NIV] . . . . He must be willing to take people into his home [accesible – MSG]. He must be willing to learn and able to teach the Word of God [teachable – ISV].
John 15:16 (TLV) You did not choose Me, but I chose you. I selected you so that you would go and produce fruit, and your fruit would remain. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in My name.
ARE YOU FAITHFUL
“Faithful” means, “Thorough in the performance of duty; true to one’s word, promise, or vow; to be loyal.”
- Can God count on you to follow through?
- Are you a person of your word?
- Is your loyalty to God evident in your life?
ARE YOU ACCESSIBLE
“Accessible” means “Approachable, ready for use, easy to reach, and hospitable.”
- Do you make yourself available for God to use you?
- Are you easy to approach?
- Can people get in contact with you?
- Do you make time for people?
- Are you hospitable?
ARE YOU TEACHABLE
“Teachable” means “Willing to learn and capable of being taught.” It carries the idea of humility vs pride.
- Are you a self-feeder?
- Do you despise correction?
- Do you seek to apply what God teaches you?
- Are you willing to learn from your mistakes?
Ruth 1:16 (ESV) [Ruth says to Naomi] Where you go I will go [faithful], and where you lodge I will lodge [accessible]. Your people shall be my people, and your God my God [teachable].