Love Can Part 3: The Goals of God’s Love
- God’s love is unconditional.
- It looks beyond sin to the treasure within.
- It pulls out God’s original intention for our lives.
THE GOALS OF GOD’S LOVE
Romans 2:4 (FD) Do you imagine you can dodge God’s sentence, knowing that you are guilty? Graciously the Almighty has been patient and tolerant with you and me in order to win us to a new pattern of life.
LOVE’S GOAL #1: To leads you to walk a new way of life.
1 John 4:12 (ICB) No one has ever seen God. But if we love each other, God lives in us. If we love each other, God’s love has reached its goal. It is made perfect in us.
LOVE’S GOAL #2: For your love to lead others to Him.
1 Peter 2:9 (TPT) But you are God’s chosen treasure—priests who are kings, a spiritual “nation” set apart as God’s devoted ones. He called you out of darkness to experience his marvelous light, and now he claims you as his very own. He did this so that you would broadcast his glorious wonders throughout the world.
LOVE’S GOAL #3: Gratitude for the gift of new life.
Praise and worship are forms of gratitude.
The Benefits of Gratitude
(A secular list compiled by more than 40 research studies on gratitude.)
- Gratitude makes us happier.
- Gratitude makes people like us. (Gives you influence)
- Gratitude makes us healthier. (Grateful people live longer)
- Gratitude boosts our career. (Increases productivity)
- Gratitude makes us more optimistic. (Boosts faith)
- Gratitude makes us less materialistic. (Causes contentment)
- Gratitude makes us less self-centered.
- Gratitude gives us more self-esteem.
- Gratitude causes us to sleep better.
- Gratitude gives us more energy.
- Gratitude creates a better marriage.
- Gratitude makes our memories happier.
- Gratitude improves your decision making.
If I work on the area of gratitude, every area of my love walk will be effected.
Jude 1:20-21 (AMP) But you, beloved, build yourselves up on [the foundation of] your most holy faith [continually progress, rise like an edifice higher and higher], pray [to interact with the Lord, to worship] in the Holy Spirit, and keep yourselves in the love of God.
Expect nothing, appreciate everything.
2 Timothy 3:1-3 (NIV) There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love.
Matthew 7:13-14 (NIV) “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life.”