Ordained for Impact Part 3: Strategically Placed for Impact
God’s plan to change the world is for every Christian to change their world. God’s plan for people receiving Jesus is you!
Last week we learned that the average person has about 12 people in their sphere of influence—people we consistently spend an hour or more with over the course of a week.
God has strategically placed you in these people’s lives because you’re the one anointed to reach them.
- God has used your passion to connect you to people.
- God has used your location to connect you to people.
- God has used your vocation to connect you to people.
Acts 17:26 (NIRV) From one man he made all the people of the world. Now they live all over the earth. He decided exactly when they should live. And he decided exactly where they should live. God did this so that people would seek him.
STEP 1: IDENTIFY THOSE PEOPLE
God placed you in the earth at the right time and at the right place to impact specific people. Your life is more purpose filled than you realize.
Philemon 1:4, 10, 15 (CEV) Philemon, each time I mention you in my prayers, I thank God . . . . I beg you to help Onesimus! He is like a son to me because I led him to Christ here in jail . . . . Perhaps Onesimus was taken from you for a little while so that you could have him back for good . . . both as a person and as a follower of the Lord.
A Gallup Poll discovered that 65 million Americans have no church home, but 34 million would go to church if someone invited them. Sadly, 7 out of 10 unchurched people have never been invited to church their whole life.
STEP 2: UNDERSTAND HOW THE PROCESS WORKS
1 Corinthians 3:6 (TLB) My work was to plant the seed in your hearts, and Apollos’ work was to water it, but it was God, not we, who made the garden grow in your hearts.
- -6 Resistant – Far from God because of hurt or fear.
- -5 Receptive – Not seeking, but they’re now open.
- -4 Seeking – They’re starting to ask questions.
- -3 Considering – They realize life could be different.
- -2 Understanding – They see what God is really about.
- -1 Ready – 34 million waiting on an invitation.
- 0 New life in Christ – A real relationship with God.
- +1 Belonging – They find a church and small group.
- +2 Discovering – Find out God’s purpose for their life.
- +3 Serving – They go from selfish to selfless.
- +4 Sharing – Find their ministry and help others.
STEP 3: BE A WITNESS
Acts 1:8 (NIV) You will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.
It is our responsibility to tell others about the goodness of God. And it’s so simple:
- Build a personal relationship. Be a friend. When people know you genuinely care about them, they will open their heart to listen.
- Share your personal story. Look for opportunities to share what God has done in your life. Bring hope into their life!
- Give a personal invitation. Invite them to church and allow God to do the rest. It really is that easy.
STEP 4: DEVELOP A PLAN
God has about 12 people in your life for you to influence at any given time. You have 12 months in a year. Let’s commit to bring one person to church each month.
Romans 10:13-15 (NLT) “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about
him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them?