OUR POSITION IN HEAVEN
Hebrews 9:27 (NLV) It is in the plan that all men die once. After that, they will stand before God.
Our position there is determined by our faithfulness here.
Hebrews 12:2 (MSG) Keep your eyes on Jesus, who both began and finished this race we’re in. Study how he did it. Because he never lost sight of where he was headed . . . he could put up with anything along the way: Cross, shame, whatever. And now he’s there, in the place of honor, right alongside God. When you find yourselves flagging in your faith, go over that story again, item by item.
1 Corinthians 3:13-14 (NLT) On the judgment day, fire will reveal what kind of work each builder has done. The fire will show if a person’s work has any value. If the work survives, that builder will receive a reward.
1. Don’t live for good works, live for God works. A good work may never point anyone to Jesus.
Matthew 10:42 (LEB) Whoever gives one of these little ones only a cup of cold water to drink in the name of a disciple, truly I say to you, he will never lose his reward.”
And if, as my representatives, you give even a cup of cold water to a little child, you will surely be rewarded. – TLB
2. Go through life looking up not around. We need to keep our eyes on Heaven, not earth. Earth will disappoint you.
- Stop looking at your problems and start looking up!
- Stop looking at your past and start looking up!
- Stop looking at your failures and start looking up!
- Stop looking at your hurts and start looking up!
One glad morning when this life is over . . . We will fly away . . . look up!
Hebrews 11:25-26 (NIV) He [Moses] chose to be mistreated along with the people of God rather than to enjoy the fleeting pleasures of sin. He regarded disgrace for the sake of Christ as of greater value than the treasures of Egypt, because he was looking ahead to his reward.
Don’t fall in love with earth, stay in love with Heaven.
3. Give up something now for something I want later.
When Jesus says, “Thank you:”
- Jesus hands out mansions (John 14:2).
- Jesus hands out thrones (Matthew 19:27-29).
- Jesus hands out the crown of life (James 1:12).
- Jesus gives fruit from the tree of life (Revelation 2:7).
- Jesus gives you a new name (Revelation 3:12).
- Jesus gives the secrets of heaven (Revelation 2:17).
- Jesus gives authority over nations (Revelation 2:26).
- Jesus hands out new garments (Revelation 3:5).
- Jesus allows us to sit on His throne (Revelation 3:21).
- Jesus hands out Heaven’s blessings (Revelation 21:7).
Matthew 19:27-30 (WEY) Peter said to Jesus, “See, we have forsaken everything and followed you; what then will be our reward?” “I solemnly tell you,” replied Jesus, “that in the New Creation, when the Son of Man has taken His seat on His glorious throne, all of you who have followed me shall also sit on twelve thrones and judge the twelve tribes of Israel. And whoever has forsaken houses, or brothers or sisters, or father or mother, or children or lands, for my sake, shall receive many times as much and shall have as his inheritance the Life of the Ages. But many who are now first will be last, and many who are now last will be first.”
4. Intentionally make a difference for God.
1. By intentionally sharing my resources.
- You have to have a plan for your resources!
- Become priority, percentage, and progressive givers.
- We give to God first, 10%, to see change.
2. By intentionally sharing my time.
- You need a plan for your time!
- I’m gonna get on a dream team, help with outreaches.
3. By intentionally sharing Christ.
- I’m gonna get a friend far from God to church.